This is a powerhouse salad packed with healthy fats, potassium, magnesium, fiber and vitamins from the avocado and spinach, plus protein and heart-healthy cholesterol from the shrimp. It also happens to be delicious and takes no time at all to prepare.
Spinach, shrimp and avocado salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 12 large cooked shrimp
- 1 avocado
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 3 tomatoes, or 8 cherry tomatoes
- Mix lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a small bowl.
- Peel, de-stone and slice avocado into thin wedges.
- Chop tomatoes into halves or quarters (depending on size).
- Divide spinach onto two entree dishes.
- Scatter tomatoes and shrimp evenly between two dishes and drizzle with the lemon and garlic mix.
Want to bring this salad to work or prepare it ahead of time? Make sure to keep the avocado sealed in an airtight container to prevent browning, and keep the dressing separate until you are ready to serve.