This kale recipe offers a delicious, nutritious alternative to high-carb store-bought crisps, and it’s actually ridiculously easy to make. This is the basic, salted version — feel free to thrown in your own seasoning to spice things up a bit.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2-4 people
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and dried
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C/Gas Mark 2.
- Remove the centre stems and either tear or cut up the kale leaves.
- Toss the kale and olive oil together in a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until crisp.
The key with making kale crisps is to get the time in the oven right. If they taste burnt, it’s because they are. Experiment a little, and you should be able to find the sweet spot between soggy and crispy.
And don’t forget the dip!
Image source: Food.com. If you liked this, share the health: