If you’re in the same boat as I am, then you’re in for a treat today!
These coconut flour pancakes are just what you’ve been craving. They’re gluten-free, Paleo-friendly, and — most importantly — absolutely delicious!
Credit to Paleohacks for the recipe.
Coconut flour Paleo pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3-1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Syrup and/or fruit to taste
- Grass-fed butter for cooking
- Mix the eggs, coconut oil, and honey together, but don’t overdo it — too much mixing will result in flatter pancakes.
- Add the coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Gently mix in the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt a little butter in a pan, then add some of your pancake mix. Whether you like small or large pancakes is a matter of personal preference, but remember — smaller ones are easier to flip!
- Using a spatula, check the underside of the pancake to see if it’s brown before flipping.
- Serve the pancakes straight away, drizzled with syrup or topped with your favourite fruit.
Tip: You want the pancakes to be fluffy and neither too wet nor dry, so adjust the egg/coconut flour ratio until you’re happy with the results.
With a little practice, you’ll be able to whip up this mouth-watering breakfast in no time!